What are Light in the Night Safe Zones?
We are glad you asked!
Light in the Night Safe Zones are local community, high energy, visibly lit up block parties hosted by local churches, charities or families like yours right in their own communities on trick or treat or Halloween night.
(depending on your area laws and rules)
Our basic idea is that....
" We do not believe that you need to take your kids down DARK city streets to GET CANDY from a STRANGER on a night filled with EVIL intentions. "
The goal is to provide safe areas for children to get safe candy, have fun, play games while pushing back the evil influence of Halloween.
Working with local Fire and Police teams also help bring more of the community together to provide this safe area during the normal community trick or treating times.
These "Safe Zones" can be hosted with as simple as a five person team on the front porch of a house or as big as a community park event with many volunteers and supporters reaching hundreds of children and families.
Event can be ANY night that your area has TRICK or TREETING
Yes, you can do this ! Join us and host a site on your street!
The choice is yours but the main ideas are basically the same.
- Provide a safe and fun environment for our children on Halloween night.
- Bring light and compassion from the heart of God into our communities
Here are some basic "Safe Zone" ideas !
- Set up a small or LARGE "Safe Zone" in the area where families walk for Trick or Treat
- Have POSITIVE music playing out !
- Have Lots of Lights shining!!
- Work with local Fire and Police Depts
- Maybe have Hot dogs to give out
- Have Small Games for kids to play
- Have Candy to give out to the kids
- Cotton Candy and Popcorn
- Have drinks for the people
if it is cold out have Hot Apple Cider or
if it is Hot out have Cold Apple Cider
- Puppet shows
- Bright colored Helium balloons
- Hay Rides, Moon Bounces
- Veggie tales stories playing on DVD
- Music and Dancing
- Pony Rides
We have many resourses already available to you, like shirts, signs , flyers and banners.
Just click here for more "Light in the Night" Event items
We are asking you to join with us.
Please register your team, church and location and be a part of this year's Light in the Night event!